Jazz Workshop

Saturday, October 22, 2005

...a word of explanation...

Somehow, at the conclusion of The Year of The Workshop (1971-72, for all of you who may be, like myself, recollectively-challenged), I became the keeper of the Official North Haven High School Jazz Workshop Photographic Archive (yes, the well-known and highly regarded O.N.H.H.S.J.W.P.A. or 'On-His-Jaw-Puh' as it is affectionately known in photo-journalism circles). After 33 years, following established OSHA guidelines and entire (nano) seconds of careful consideration, a panel of experts (me) deemed that it was indeed high time these rare and refined Photographic Essays were published for the viewing pleasure of any interested parties (prob'ly just me again). Anyway, I hope you enjoy...and please feel encouraged to add comments if you feel so moved.
NOTE: There will be three batches of photos. The first batch - pictures from the (in) famous Quinnipiac College Show (afterall, just how did Jeff's white slacks get covered with mud on the way to the concert??) - are currently available for viewing and downloading. Two more batches will follow (who knows when?): the even-more-famous N.H.H.S. Auditorium Concert and the equally obscure Mayerhoffer Recording Session session.

Enjoy ... and Hello.

- Scott

2 Comments:

  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Bill Marinelli said…

    Very nice of you, Just-Me Scott, to Blog the JW. Real modern. I will try to get you my Blog stuff. Well, it's not really a Blog so much as it is a tattered, spindled & mutilated manila envelope. (It has been moved 12 times from house to house and logged more miles than the traveling gnome) I use a filing system not unlike one employed by the W. C. Fields character Ambrose Woolfinger. I can sometimes find it by it's unique bends and folds and a texture just short of mold with Frank Glen's (sorry) Chase's face peeking out from one of the asymmetrical tears.
    Please bare in mind that this is no reflection on the wonderful experience that JW was. It is not disrespect which has caused the funky condition of my JW archives, it's just me. Quoting Kurt Vonnegut, "If you think that's messy, you should see what's in my head."
    It is fun to see that we were really that young once.
    Thank you for your efforts, Bill Marinelli

     
  • At 5:19 AM, Blogger Frank said…

    Holy cripe, I look better now that I am bald!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home